Princess Stuffed Vegetarian Peppers
Used with permission from the new cookbook
The Jewish Princess Feasts and Festivals
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Princess Stuffed Vegetarian Peppers. Serves 8
8 bell peppers (choose a variety of colors), whole but deseeded; reserve the tops
2 onions, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small eggplant, peeled and chopped finely
4 cups sliced button mushrooms
1 teaspoon garlic purée
1 tablespoon paprika
4 ounces Brie cheese, chopped into small pieces
1 heaped cup long-grain rice
About 1 cup vegetable stock
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the peppers in a baking dish, standing them upright side by side.
- In a large frying pan, fry the onions in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the eggplant and mushrooms, followed by the garlic purée and paprika.
- Keep stirring the vegetables until they become soft. Transfer to a dish. When cool, stir in Brie.
- Boil the rice with the vegetable stock, according to the package directions. Drain and cool. Stir in the vegetables and season to taste.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and cover each with its reserved top. Bake for about 40 minutes.
A wealth of health!
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.