Two Bite Brownies
Used with permission from the new cookbook
Grazing by Julie Van Rosendaal
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Two Bite Brownies. Makes 2 dozen brownies.
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp instant espresso or coffee, dissolved in 1 tsp water
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until well combined. Add eggs, vanilla, and coffee and stir until well blended and smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add to the egg mixture and stir by hand just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into mini muffin cups that have been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 12–15 minutes, until puffed but still soft to the touch. Do not overbake! Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Nutritonal Information
- Per brownie (based on 2 dozen):
- Calories 82
- Total fat 2.1 g
- saturated fat 1.3 g
- monounsaturated fat 0.6 g
- polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Fiber 1 g
- Calories from fat 22%
At only 2 grams of fat per pop, these will satisfy your need for chewy brownies. Be careful not to overbake them, they should be slightly puffed but still soft to the touch. Freeze leftovers and serve them frozen or warmed in the microwave with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. (If you don’t have mini muffin cups, the batter can be baked in an 8 X 8 inch pan at 350°F for 25–30 minutes.)
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.