Used with permission from the new cookbook
Balls! Round the World Fare for all Occasions by Angela Murrills
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Teriyaki Meatballs (Japan) serves 4
1 lb (500 g) ground beef
¼ cup (60 mL) finely chopped green onions
¼ cup (60 mL) teriyaki sauce
1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped ginger
1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 350° (180°C)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Shape into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls
- Place in a 9- x 11-inch (23- x 28-cm) baking dish on the middle shelf of the oven
- Cook for 25 minutes
- Stove-top method: heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs until browned and cooked through.
Making teriyaki sauce from scratch takes time, but not much time (see sidebar in book). Or you can use the bottled kind. In either case, this recipe comes together in minutes. Serve with steamed rice, stir-fried greens, and more teriyaki sauce on the side.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.