Swingin’ Prawn Cocktail
Used with permission from Simply West Coast
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Swingin’ Prawn Cocktail. Makes 4
20 medium to large tiger prawns
1 bottle of Swingin’ Cocktail sauce
1 fresh lemon
Chill 4 martini or sundae glasses in freezer
- If the prawns are uncooked take home poach in water, white wine and fleur de sell.
- Once they float to the top remove from water. Cool down.
- Peel the shell off but leave the tail on.
- Chill in fridge until cold. If they are cooked keep in fridge until ready to use.
- Shred some iceberg lettuce and place in bottom of serving glasses.
- Cut a line on prawn to wedge on lip of glass.
- Remember to wedge a lemon wedge on as well.
- On top of lettuce place 2-3 tablespoons of Swingin’ Cocktail Sauce on top.
Serve with a crisp glass of Pinot Grigio. For something different whisk a touch of mayonnaise to the cocktail sauce. Tastes creamier.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.