Bow-Tie Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Capers
Used with permission from the new cookbook:
The $10 Gourmet
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Bow-Tie Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Capers: Serves 2
1 lb (500 g) bow-tie pasta
2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
3/4 cup (185 mL) smoked salmon, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup (60 mL) capers
1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream or whipping cream
1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta 7–10 minutes, or until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently sauté the smoked salmon, onion, and garlic for 3–5 minutes.
- Add the capers and continue to saute 2 minutes more.
- Add the remaining ingredients and allow to simmer 4–5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and fold into the sauce, stirring gently. Serve immediately.
This complete meal is tasty, healthy, and very easy to make. For a vegetarian (and even more economical) option, replace the salmon with 2 cups (500 mL) of sliced mushrooms.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.