Used with permission from the New World Provence Cookbook
Lemon Tarte Makes 1 –10” tart
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Ingredients for Pastry
2 cups flour
1/3 cups sugar
1/3 lb cold butter
ice cold water
Ingredients for Filling
Juice of 8-9 lemons to total 1 cup fresh lemon juice
zest from 3 lemons
2 1/2 cups cold water
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup corn starch
- Method for Pastry
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and butter together.
- Make hole in middle and add egg.
- Slowly add enough water until pastry forms into a ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to fit 10” tart pan with removable bottom
- Fit dough into tart pan and refrigerate again for 30 minutes
- Parbake shell for 15-20 minutes
- Set aside to cool slightly before adding filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot over medium heat
- Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon only
- When mixture becomes thick and starts to bubble remove from heat
- Let stand and cool slightly, stirring to release the heat
- Pour filling in parbaked tarte shell
- Finish to bake in the oven for approx. 15-20 minutes
- Allow to cool and set (2-3 hrs in refrigerator)
- Serve with hazelnut brittle and whipped cream. Fruit coulis optional
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.