Classic Creamy Coleslaw
Used with permission from the Smoking Meat: The Essential Guide to Real Barbeque by author Jeff Phillips
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs.
Please consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Classic Creamy Coleslaw. Serves: 8
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp heavy cream (35% milk fat)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp celery seed (optional)
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
4 cups shredded green cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage (optional)
- n a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, heavy cream, lemon juice, celery seed (if using), sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Combine and toss the green cabbage and carrots together in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- If using the shredded red cabbage, add just before serving; otherwise, all the ingredients will be tinted purple.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.