Chilled crab and avocado soup
Used with permission from the new cookbook
Shellfish edited by Karen Barnaby
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Chilled crab and avocado soup: Serves 4
2 medium avocados, quartered,
pitted, and peeled
2½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup light sour cream
1 lime, juice of
2 tsp curry powder
salt to taste
1 cup crabmeat
2 Tbsp finely chopped yellow or red
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro or green onion
- Place the avocado, 1 cup (250 mL) of the stock, and the sour cream in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until smooth, then transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the remaining stock and the lime juice, curry powder, and salt.
- Chill the soup for at least 2 hours.
- Pour into chilled soup bowls.
- Divide the crabmeat among the bowls, setting it in the center of the soup.
- Sprinkle with the bell pepper and cilantro or green onion and serve.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.