Used with permission from the new cookbook
The Jewish Princess Feasts and Festivals
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Challah Pizza Serves 4 – 6
1 challah that is a couple of days old (or use challah rolls)
Prepared pasta sauce
For the topping:
7 ounces feta cheese, cubed (or cheese of your choice)
Any other toppings you desire
Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the challah lengthwise through the middle (do the same if you are using challah rolls).
- Spread the cut sides with the sauce.
- Add cubed feta and any other toppings of your choice.
- Decorate with the basil leaves.
- Put under the broiler, 4-5 inches from the heat, and cook until the cheese browns, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Be imaginative. If you don’t like feta, substitute another cheese, such as mozzarella. Be creative and use a variety of different toppings – anchovies, canned artichokes, corn…whatever takes your fancy for a Princess Perfect Pizza! If you want to make these into canapes, just buy mini challah rolls.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.