Used with permission from Showcase Restaruant and Bar located in Vancouver, B.C.
Calabrese Pesto Portion: 1/2 liter
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
2 tbsp - dijon
3 cloves - garlic
2 filets - anchovies
1 tbsp - sambal
1/2 bunch - mint
1 bunch - parsley, curly
1.5 bunch - basil
150 ml - olive oil
75 g - capers, finely chopped
- Blend dijon, garlic, anchovies, sambal and olive oil until smooth
- Add the herbs one at a time in the order of mint, then parsley, then basil
- Make sure each herb is fully incorporated before adding more
- Add more olive oil if necessary
- Once all herbs are pureed, add the chopped capers & transfer to solo containers
- Final product should be thick & smooth, other than the bits of capers
Try it with seared New Zeland Bream, warm fingerling potato salad and braised leaks
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.