Banana Raspberry Sundae
Used with permission from the new cookbook
Mangia with Quattro
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Banana Raspberry Sundae. Serves 6
3 cups medium-dry white wine
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp butter
1 cup almonds, sliced, blanched
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
Vanilla or banana ice cream
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
2 Tbsp icing sugar
- Slice the bananas on an angle.
- Combine the white wine with the 1 cup sugar in a saucepan, bring it to a boil and immediately add the bananas. Poach the bananas for about 4 minutes. They’ll soften, but will maintain their shape.
- For the almond brittle, in a separate pan, melt the butter and sauté the almonds for about 3 minutes. Add the 1/4 cup sugar, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is golden brown. Add the Grand Marnier and quickly flambe.
- Pour the almond mixture onto a baking tray and let it cool. Once it has cooled, rumble it into small pieces.
- To serve, place a scoop of the ice cream at the centre of a dessert plate. Surround the ice cream with a ring of the raspberries then surround the raspberries with a ring of the poached bananas. Sprinkle the crumbled almond brittle and icing sugar overtop.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.